Rouge Living is a European inspired homewares and decorative lighting wholesaler supplying independent retailers as well as a number of large speciality chain stores and Bunnings Warehouses. Strategically, the Rouge Living website www.rougeliving.com is very important to the business, with the site playing a key role in driving both retail and wholesale sales into the future.
After two less-than-satisfactory attempts at establishing an online platform, they selected FastDesign to help them realise their vision.[img_assist|nid=94|title=|desc=|link=node|align=right|width=200|height=127]
Blaze Online presented a gorgeous theme that reflected the unique brand that is Rouge Living, coupled with the our E-Commerce Solution to provide users with accessible navigation and ease of usability.
Custom Theme Development
Blaze Online’ Standard Themes deliver unique, compelling and engaging user experiences for our clients; however, Rouge Living required something more.
The vibrancy of the Rouge Living brand had to be immediately obvious to visitors of the new site, and continue through their online experience. The Faststore Custom Theme service enabled Rouge Living to be actively involved in the development of every aspect of the appearance and navigation of their new site.
We considered several factors before selecting FastDesign as our online solution provider:
– openness of architecture offered
– solution’s ability to evolve and be self managed
– ease, simplicity, flexibility
– budget involved
– previous works, capabilities, functionality offered
The service delivered by FastDesign was prompt, responsive, goal orientated and fair to say exceeded high expectations built through the project.”
Wendy Williamson, Sales & Marketing Director, Rouge Living, March 2010.
Not only did the site need to look the part, there was also a lengthy list of requirements around the features required of the solution. Our E-Commerce Solution provided the following key features and functions:
- An online Catalogue of Products, complete with photographs, thorough description, and shopping cart to enable users of the site to easily purchase Rouge Living products
- Cross-sell and upsell product suggestions throughout the site to ensure customers see a broad selection of Rouge Living products
- “Out of stock” products easily and clearly identified, but still listed in the catalogue
- Three pricing points: one retail (public access), and two levels of wholesale pricing (secure access to the site)
- Price display including GST for retail, and ex-GST for wholesale
- Restriction of wholesale clients to only purchase products in box quantities. eg. 5 items per box, so must order in multiples of 5
- A minimum order value applied to wholesale clients
- Different shipping calculation for retail and wholesale purchasers, and additional calculations based on the location of the wholesale clients
- Interface with SecurePay payment gateway to process payments instantly
- Additional pages and information that is only accessible to registered wholesale clients
- All aspects of client orders managed online by Rouge Living personnel
- Product Stockists, Frequently Asked Questions, Press Releases, and Rouge Living in the Media (Media Hits) pages
- Link to Rouge Living’s Facebook and Twitter online campaigns
- Ability for visitors to purchase gift certificates online
- A forum for wholesale customers to share knowledge and information with Rouge Living and other wholesale customers
- Search Engine Optimisation of the site to achieve high organic search results
- Access to current, accurate data and reports on site activity, including sales, daily traffic volumes, popular pages, and search terms used by visitors to find www.rougeliving.com
- Support for international sales in the future
Blaze Online successfully delivered a solution that was receiving online orders within 24 hours of the new site going live.
We would absolutely recommend working with them – quite simply because of the “know how” of the collective team at Blaze Online and their drive to deliver on what was promised for the price agreed.